Monday 17 October 2011

National Treasures at Liberty

Liberty's annual British Design windows (to coincide with the London Design Festival more or less I think) are the usual beautifully executed showcase of the best of what's out there right now. My impression is that they commissioned a bunch of pieces by different British icons (including a suitcase by one of Dragon's Den, cufflinks by Vinnie Jones, and a tea towel by Nigel Slater (on a side note if you haven't seen Toast the film of his life with Helena Bonham Carter and Freddie Highmore then see it, it's great). Turning some of the windows entirely into the interiors of wooden tea chests was really great, and the graphics were beautiful as well. My only problem was when I looked for some of the pieces in store and couldn't find them - maybe they had sold out or I was looking in the wrong place but... nowhere to be found. Still, it made me go into the store to look for them, so they clearly worked well even to a cynical retail hack like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment